Monday, September 14, 2009

Mozilla Community

I spent some time watching the Mozilla Community with guest speaker Mike Beltzner from Mozilla Corporation. Exactly how much time i don't know cuz the plug in didn't specify the video length. Maybe its my settings?? Anyhow the video was very interesting. Thing that stuck the most:
Netiquette
- look before you leap.... observe b4 u put in ur 2 cents
- be respectful until you are respected..... this will definitely get me into trouble
- make it a conversation (ie. listen) ..... something i an very good at
- don't underestimate the value of someone else's time..... with all of the discussion boards, chats, people pages things can get overwhelming. Google (look) for the answer before asking for help
- operate within the context of the environment..... ask questions in the appropriate places.

Overall I think audio lectures are gr8. I don't think you need a visual, its sometimes distracting, but I did benefit from the overview slides.

No comments:

Post a Comment